IRM protected message body disappears in Outlook on forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i want to configure AD RMS policy template for enabling just viewable access of outlook email when forwarding or replying.

I saw somewhere this is configured with RMS not AD RMS, but now when i am configuring it my self in AD RMS following things are happening.

I created a template with View, Forward, reply and reply all settings checked and distributed them to clients.

when i send an email by using this template, recipient outlook opens it and when he forwards or reply to this message

every thing written in body of email disappears.

what i need is to retain the body of email but cannot be edited when forwarding or replying.

appreciate any help

Thursday, February 10, 2011 12:31 PM

Answers

• This sounds like the following issue:

The message body disappears in a forwarded e-mail message that contains a Word document attachment

You open and then close a Microsoft Office Word document that is attached to a RTF e-mail message. If the e-mail message is protected by Information Rights Management (IRM), and then you forward the e-mail message, the message body disappears in the forwarded e-mail message. Only the Word document attachment is forwarded.

If so, it is listed as an apparently known issue that was reported and hot fixed in the following KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935411

HTH,

Brad Mahugh
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------
    This post is provided "AS IS" and confers no promises of current or future technical support for a specific support issue. Please use Microsoft product support if you need a service commitment for your current support case or issue.

Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:14 AM