none
Daylight Saving - Clocks increments 1 hr per reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Here's my issue.  I am running SteadyState with Disk Protect on our public computers.  Since Daylight Saving came into affect the clocks on our computer increment 1 hr every time the computer reboots.  Any suggestions?

We are running SteadyState version 2 and 2.5.  All systems are XP Pro SP2.

Monday, March 9, 2009 1:12 PM

All replies

• I am having the same problem with 14 public computers, some running Steady State and some still on the old Shared Computer Tool Kit, all are XP Pro SP2. Time adds an hour with every reboot. Time needs to be correct for our computer access/print management software to work properly. Please help!
    Friday, March 13, 2009 4:41 PM
  • The only way I managed to fix this is to go to every machine and change the time to be correct.  Save changes, then reboot.  It is annoying, but all systems are working now.
    • Proposed as answer by M_PROC Friday, March 13, 2009 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu -Moderator Monday, March 16, 2009 3:32 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by IconoclastX Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:18 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2009 5:52 PM
  • Manually fixing the problem is what I have been doing as well.  I'm looking at stopping it from happening again.  I have computers over 4 sites and it's a pain to go and manually fix each one every time there is a time change.  Anyone know why this happens with SteadyState?
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:19 PM
  • Well, we have has this problem too for over a year now on steady state 2 and I just installed 3 systems with steady state 3.

I wonder b/c i have my updates roll at 10pm.. so the time change is made by the user account who doesn't have permission to change the time.

So I think SS removes the time change done by that user.

I have now decided to do this on the 2.5 systems and will see what happens.

I kept the update install at the default of 3am.. so the time change should occur right about the time the systems unlocks to put on updates.

I also created a batch file that only checks the time on a system that I have installed atomic clock on and always has the right time.  So when the system is unlocked and installs all of it's updates.. it runs the script to check the time.

I'm testing this now.. and I'm hoping this fixes my issues..

b/c right now I have to come in twice a year on sunday and set 45 systems.... ughghghgh

John
    Friday, April 3, 2009 6:31 PM
  • After using every version since Version 1 Alpha release, this is probably the most exasperating thing about SteadyState -- its inability to adjust for DST. I've posted a lengthy explanation here, but I'm hoping this is in development. (...anyone?)

Our library branches are growing but our staff is not. I am trying to support 165, soon to be 180, PCs on two networks by myself, and really don't have time to manually update the time twice a year. Especially since I have to set and restart twice on each PC.

Does your script work? Can you send it along to the rest of us?

Chris
    PCC
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 12:02 AM