none
How to see resource's Month wise hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to view for each resource, the month wise hours(baseline work & actual work). Is there any readymade view available?

Thanks & Regards

Anjan

Monday, July 25, 2011 1:57 PM

Answers

• Hi afebss,

In addition to Sapna's answer, you could also open the Resource Usage view and zoom out to the desired level (month). (or right-click on the timescale and select 'Timescale' to set the timescale).

To add the baseline work to the view, right-click on the timephased grid, select Detail Styles and add Baseline Work to the visible fields.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Anjan,

You can use the Visual Report - Resource Work Summary. From drop down showing level of usage data to include select -> Months. That will pull EXL report with all the required fields.

Sapna S
    Monday, July 25, 2011 2:07 PM
  • Worked. Thanks for the reply. After exporting data to Excel and save to local hard drive, will this sheet be updated automatically(when ever it is opned/refreshed) when the MPP is updated? 

Thanks

Anjan 

• Hi afebss,

In addition to Sapna's answer, you could also open the Resource Usage view and zoom out to the desired level (month). (or right-click on the timescale and select 'Timescale' to set the timescale).

To add the baseline work to the view, right-click on the timephased grid, select Detail Styles and add Baseline Work to the visible fields.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
  • Excellent Hans. Thanks for your easy tip.

Regards

Anjan

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:36 PM
  • Very handy tip.  I fact, it would save me some work in Excel if I could export this Resource Usage Table as set up in Project to Excel.  Is there an easy way of doing this?  I want to calculate the numbers of each trade required per day for the duration of the project but can't find an easy way of doing this in Project, hence the export.  If I can do it wthout exporting all the better.  (As long as i can export the results)

Many thanks,

Tom.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 4:07 PM