SCCM 1602 With Hotfix Failed to install DP files on the remote DP. Error code = 16389 RRS feed

• Question

• Installing some DP'S and getting some strange errors. While I have 3 DP working I have two that are not getting a sample package distributed onto them. Its 1 primary site with 3 DP local and the 2 that are failing are across the country. Both are errors in relations to the issue from the distmgr.log

Failed to install DP files on the remote DP. Error code = 1638

Failed to process package TOM00002 after 15 retries, will retry 85 more times SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER 6/23/2016 10:43:19 PM 9304 (0x2458)

Saturday, June 25, 2016 2:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• That single line does not help at all because context is missing. You should see which file is trying to be installed before that error message (you can use cmtrace.exe to "translate" 1638).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Saturday, June 25, 2016 5:13 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any error messages on the Monitoring node->Distribution Status->Distribution Point Configuration Status->your remote DP?

Best regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:30 AM
  • I was reading on this issue another blog stated MSFT told them it was their Wan Accelerator  which this environment has. Let me get back to you in 48 hours on your questions.
    Saturday, June 25, 2016 8:08 PM