Word 2013 Navaigation Pane RRS feed

• Question

• I learned to create a macro in Word 2013 to automatically open the navigation pane every time I opened Word. Now I'm wondering if there is a way to have it automatically show the "Pages" tab, rather than "headings" or "results" when it opens, or if I can delete those two tabs entirely. I really only use the pages tab. 

If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is not possible. We can only control whether to open or close the naviogation pane when opening Word.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Marked as answer by Steve Fan Monday, December 1, 2014 8:39 AM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 6:30 AM
  • I know of no way to do this.

You should learn, though, to use the headings navigation. You'll be glad you did.

Why use Microsoft Word’s built-in heading styles? by Shauna Kelly

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Edited by Charles Kenyon Monday, September 18, 2017 3:30 PM update link
    Monday, November 24, 2014 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, this is not possible. We can only control whether to open or close the naviogation pane when opening Word.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Friday, November 21, 2014 6:30 AM
  • I know of no way to do this.

You should learn, though, to use the headings navigation. You'll be glad you did.

Why use Microsoft Word’s built-in heading styles? by Shauna Kelly

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Edited by Charles Kenyon Monday, September 18, 2017 3:30 PM update link
    Monday, November 24, 2014 4:11 PM