none
Windows Can't install the kernel-mode print driver

Question

• Hi Folks,

I have a windows 8.1 x64 laptop I'm trying to install a piece of software called pdffactory, when installing this piece of software print drivers are installed which is a kernel-mode driver, when the process gets to installing the print driver I get an error message:

I have been looking for an answer to this issue for the last few days but without joy, I've tried these steps http://www.windowstechinfo.com/2015/06/solved-windows-cant-install-the-kernel-mode-print-driver.html as these are the steps that are commonly said to work, but in my case they haven't worked.

can anyone help me out on how to resolve this issue?

many thanks

Owen

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:41 AM

Answers

All replies

• Kernel mode print driver support was dropped with Windows 7.

In order to use this software, the OS must be Vista with kernel mode driver policy enabled.

I assume the vendor does not exist or they would have corrected the driver by this point. 

Alan Morris formerly with Windows Printing Team

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Owen,

>>when the process gets to installing the print driver I get an error message:

I have test your issue on my win8.1 x64 system with the app version is:5.3.7,found no any issues.

For your issue, I suggest you could try to upgrade the windows updates to the latest then try again.

For your information:

Best regards,

Andy_Pan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 16, 2016 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best regards,

Andy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:57 AM