Will Lync 2010 still work - Hosted Exchange RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

We have Exchange 2003 SP2 and Lync 2010 but plan to move Exchange to the ISP. They are using Exch2010 in hosted mode. Will Lync still work on premises and how integrated is Lync with Exchange?

Thanks in advance for the comments

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Looks like the on-premise Lync server can integrate with Exchange Online, but can not integrate with hosted Exchange. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by CraMey Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:10 AM
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Below article may help you.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh533880.aspx

Thanks

Saleesh

If answer is helpful, please hit the green arrow on the left, or mark as answer.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

Looks like the on-premise Lync server can integrate with Exchange Online, but can not integrate with hosted Exchange. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by CraMey Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:10 AM
    Saturday, April 28, 2012 11:20 PM
  • Thank you for your response. Pretty much our whole Exchange environment will move to the ISP - mailboxes, archiving, mail filtering, etc. We just have one or 2 Resource mailbox servers that will stay onsite

I said Exchange Hosted as i thought that is what it is called but after ready the differences between HES and Exchange Online i see we are using Exchange Online in actual fact so based on the response above Lync can be integrated while it exist on premises

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:10 AM