Exercise Details added via Windows 8.1 App not showing correctly in the HealthVault RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I Add my Exercise details in the Windows 8.1 HealthVault App, but when I display the exercise details in the HealthVault most of the details are missing, but If I select the activity the details are displayed:

However If I select an activity I see the detail the Distance Duration and calories burned is displayed

• Edited by DaveJohnC Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:55 PM
    Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Answers

• Ah. The Windows 8.1 app you're using is the Bing Health & Fitness app, not the HealthVault for Windows app. That clears things up.

Unfortunately the unsatisfying answer I have for you is that there is a known issue that Bing's app stores exercises in a way that HealthVault can't properly display. The Bing app team is aware of the bug and working on a fix.

I wish I had a better answer for you.

-Kathy-

Hi Kathy, 

After a bit of digging, I found your reply here and wanted to check if you had a more recent update about it. I'm having a similar issue with Bing Health & Fitness and the HealthVault integration (see my comments on this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_apps-bing_appfeat/bing-health-and-fitness-windows-phone-app-and-tcx/c8cde5cd-676c-460b-b4de-453a3cdd681c)

Do you know if Bing team has fixed the way they store data in HealthVault so that I can actually export my workouts as GPX files? 

Apologies if this is a cross-post, please reply on whichever thread you think is appropriate. 

-AshWinOne

• Proposed as answer by Tomas El Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tomas El Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:35 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This means the chart function does not work. I do not want to amend each entry

Regards

David

Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:57 PM
  • I'm having a hard time following what you are and aren't seeing. Could you explain again what you do see versus what you expect to see?

You definitely should be able to chart at HealthVault.com the exercises that you add in HealthVault for Windows.

-Kathy-

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 12:03 AM
  • Hi Kathy,

Thank you for responding. I add my exercise using the Windows 8.1 Bing Health and Fitness App.

But When I log into the HealthVault I do not see the complete :

I had to manually add the details for 21st, 19th and 18th.

Regards

David

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:27 AM
  • Hi Kathy,

When I select an entry, e.g. 27/07/2014 the details exist:

See the chart below:

R

Regards

David

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:36 AM
  • Ah. The Windows 8.1 app you're using is the Bing Health & Fitness app, not the HealthVault for Windows app. That clears things up.

Unfortunately the unsatisfying answer I have for you is that there is a known issue that Bing's app stores exercises in a way that HealthVault can't properly display. The Bing app team is aware of the bug and working on a fix.

-Kathy-

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:20 PM
  • Hi Kathy,

Thank you for this information. I have just installed the HealthVault for Windows app, and this solves my current issue, but how do I change the Weight units from Kg to Lbs.

I am a member of Slimming World and the weight is recorder as Stones and Pounds.

The HealthVault for Windows app is only displaying Kg

Regards

David

Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:16 AM
  • Hi Kathy,

Don't worry I found the solution.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

David

Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:25 AM

-Kathy-

Hi Kathy, 

After a bit of digging, I found your reply here and wanted to check if you had a more recent update about it. I'm having a similar issue with Bing Health & Fitness and the HealthVault integration (see my comments on this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/bing/forum/bing_apps-bing_appfeat/bing-health-and-fitness-windows-phone-app-and-tcx/c8cde5cd-676c-460b-b4de-453a3cdd681c)

Do you know if Bing team has fixed the way they store data in HealthVault so that I can actually export my workouts as GPX files? 

Apologies if this is a cross-post, please reply on whichever thread you think is appropriate. 

-AshWinOne

• Proposed as answer by Tomas El Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tomas El Saturday, October 4, 2014 12:35 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 5:14 PM