none
Restore Enterprise Resource Record RRS feed

• Question

• An active Resource was incorrectly deleted from Resource Center.  The record has now been added back but the Resource cannot see any of his projects or tasks on his timesheet.  I believe this is because he was made a Local Resource when he was deleted.  How can this Resource be added back to the Enterprise Resource Pool?  When he is restored to the Enterprise Resource Pool will his project/tasks assignments be back or does he need to be assigned to them again? 
    Friday, February 28, 2014 5:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Dennykat,

It has to be tested but here is my thought:

When deactivating or deleting the enterprise resource, it will be converted in the project plans into a local resource (keeping actual, work...). If you then recreate the resource with the exact same syntax and open the project plans, when publishing, Project will detect that the local resource has the same name than an enterprise resource and propose you to replace it. Clicking "YES", it will thus recreate assignments for the enterprise resource, meaning tasks and timesheets.

This could be tedious since it requires to open and publish every project the resource was assigned to.

Once more, I haven't tested it.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, February 28, 2014 5:41 PM
  • Guillaume,

Thank you for the suggestion but that did not work.  I am wondering if I can just do an Admin Restored of the Enterprise Resource Pool and Calendars.  That should put the Resource back as he was, since the resource was just deleted today.  Would you agree?

Friday, February 28, 2014 6:57 PM
  • I think restoring would work, still test this scenario in non production environment first

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Saturday, March 1, 2014 7:20 PM