none
DPM 2012 R2 Backup job FAILED for some Hyper-v VMs and Some Hyper-v VMs are not appearing in the DPM RRS feed

• Question

• DPM 2012 R2  Backup job FAILED for some Hyper-v VMs

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error. (ID 30112 Details: VssError:The writer experienced a transient error.  If the backup process is retried,
    the error may not reoccur.
     (0x800423F3))

All the vss Writers are in stable state

Also Some Hyper-v VMs are not appearing in the DPM 2012 R2 Console When I try to create the Protection Group please note that they are not part of cluster.

Host is 2012 R2 and The VM is also 2012 R2.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What update rollup are you running on the DPM 2012 R2 server ?  DPM 2012 R2 UR5 introduced a new refresh feature that will re-enumerate data sources on an individual protected server.

Check for VSS errors inside the guests that are having problems being backed up.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:33 PM
  • I am using UR4 recently. I am planning to install UR5 but it will require reboot of all the protected server. All the vss writers are in stable state.

When I go to the regedit in one of the VMs (whose backups are failed) I see registeries as shown below.

And One VM is not showing up in DPM 2012 R2 console I dont Know Y?

Friday, March 6, 2015 7:48 AM