none
DPM2012 SP1 - The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA) RRS feed

• Question

• We have a protected computer in DPM2012 with the name SERVER1.  Another server with the same name was accidentally joined to the domain.  This caused DPM to fail connecting with SERVER1.  That computer was immediately taken off the domain.  After this occurred I was unable to login to SERVER1 with a domain account.  I had to login as a local admin, and removing the computer from the domain, restart, reset the computer object in AD, and then rejoin the computer, then restart again.  After this, I was able to login again with a domain account.  However, DPM still does not connect with this server.  I've turned off the firewall and attempted to remove and install the agent manually.  No luck so far.  I keep getting the following error in the DPM Management console.  I need some help.

Error:   The protection agent operation failed because it could not communicate with server1.sec.local.

Detailed Error Code:  The RPC server is unavailable (0x800706BA)

Recommended action:

Do the following to troubleshoot this issue: 
    1) Verify that server1.sec.local is online and remotely accessible from the DPM server.
    2) If a firewall is enabled on server1.sec.local, verify that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server.
    3) Verify that Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) is configured on both the DPM server and the protected computer. If IPsec is only configured for one computer, turn off IPsec.

• Edited by Caleb44 Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:32 PM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:31 PM

Answers

• Magically overnight the agent decided to start talking to the DPM server.  All is well now.
    • Marked as answer by Caleb44 Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:40 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2013 3:39 PM