none
Local project fields in the Schedule PDP RRS feed

• Question

• I have two local field questions related to the Schedule PDP.  Our organization primarily uses the schedule PDP to update schedules.  

1 - Local Resources - Is it possible to add local resources to tasks within the Schedule PDP?  If there are no resources on the schedule the resources field is geyed out.  If I build team and add an enterprise resource, the resource field is no longer grayedout, but if I try and type the name of a resource not defined in the Build Team, it keeps getting wiped out.

2 - Local Custom Fields Headers - Our projects are permitted to use local task fields to capture details specific to their project.  These fields can be added to views in the Schedule PDP and the task level values are visible, however the field name is set to the default of Text1, Date1, etc.  While I understand why the field name is not carried over from Project Pro, is it possible to add it back once in the Schedule PDP view?  In the configure columns option, the field is grayed out, but wanted to verify I was not missing something.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

Monday, June 26, 2017 3:21 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, both the options you are asking above are not possible. The "Local" concept exists in MS Project because, each file is separate and its own entity, but when published to a server, all the data is entered into the database, which mandates the consistency of the fields, to make sure the data is dis[played the same way across the system.

For #2, you could relabel the "text1" Number fields etc., but then again, the new label would be the same for all users. 

I think you should try and standardize the fields that everybody uses, so that you can enable enterprise level reporting.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, June 26, 2017 8:40 PM