get-ExchangeServer -> where did the data come from? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi @all

i have a Exchange installation with 2 CAS. One is together with some other roles installed and one is a dedicated CAS.

When i am typing get-exchangeserver to the powershell, i get a list with these two and some others.

My question is, where did these data come from?

And how can i remove the dedicated CAS? This server is offline, but still appear i the list.

mfg Jonathan Günz

Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:12 AM

Answers

• Hi

The Get-ExchangeServer command retrieves the data directly from AD so if it is returning servers that you don't have it would indicate that Exchange was not uninstalled from those servers before they were removed.

You can remove the missing servers using ADSIedit or just ignore those entries.

Steve

• Proposed as answer by SanjayI2K2 Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by cara chen Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:49 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Just because the "dedicated CAS" is off-line doesn't mean it isn't still part of your Exchange organization.

The information is found in the configuration naming context of the Active Directory.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:16 AM

All replies

• Hi

The Get-ExchangeServer command retrieves the data directly from AD so if it is returning servers that you don't have it would indicate that Exchange was not uninstalled from those servers before they were removed.

You can remove the missing servers using ADSIedit or just ignore those entries.

Steve

• Proposed as answer by SanjayI2K2 Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:11 AM
    Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:12 AM
  • Just because the "dedicated CAS" is off-line doesn't mean it isn't still part of your Exchange organization.

The information is found in the configuration naming context of the Active Directory.

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

Friday, October 18, 2013 2:16 AM