Managing Meeting Rooms - Help RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2013, Outlook 2013

We have multiple Rooms setup for staff to book online meetings.  However, we want to reserve 1 for management only.  I set the permissions for Management as Editors, and Default to None.  Changed the AllBookInPolicy to False.  This works when non-management tries to book a meeting directly from the Room calendar, but if they are still able to select this room if they  create the meeting from their own calendar.  It's my understanding that with the AllBookInPolicy set to False, Exchange should send an auto decline, but it is not, although the meeting does not auto populate in the Management Room calendar either.  My questions are

1. What is blocking Exchange from sending the auto decline?  

2. Is it possible to "hide" the Management Room from staff so it is available for them to click the Room button when creating a new meeting?

3. Each Room has its own meeting ID, is there a way to auto populate this info on the meeting email when someone books a room?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roget Luo

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:52 AM

All replies

• After couple of changes, I was able to fixed issue #1 which eliminate the need to #2 as any unauthorized user will receive a meeting rejection email immediately. 

As for #3, I found the resource of using Mail flow Rule to add the Room telephone and meeting id as a disclaimer on the meeting request email.  This works great for the recipients of the meeting request but it doesn't show up in the meeting organizer's calendar or the Room's calendar.  One would think Microsoft would have thought of this and made it easy to auto populate the Room's meeting like the way we auto attached a signature in an email?? 

Roget Luo

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:04 PM