Dual booting Vista Enterprise with XP Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. Are there instructions on how to install Vista Enterprise Edn. on a machine with Windows XP? I'd like to set the system up for dual boot capabilities.

Also, I noticed on this chart (http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=587581&SiteID=17) that a few media capabilities are missing between the Enterprise and Ultimate Edition. Can those features be added/downloaded after the fact?

Thank you.
    Monday, December 4, 2006 4:30 PM

All replies

•  

Dear arc_dev,

to do a dual boot , just install windows vista on another partition , and choose custome(clean installation) 

Thursday, December 7, 2006 2:06 PM
  • Thanks, Sherif. One question: My system has only one large partition. Are there any free partitioning tools out there that won't delete my current information? In other words, a tool that will partition the free space on the drive but leave the existing data as its own partition. Thanks.
    Thursday, December 7, 2006 3:09 PM
  • Thanks, Sherif. I'll use Partition Magic to take care of the partitioning. Thanks again for your help.
    Thursday, December 7, 2006 7:59 PM
  • Dear arc_dev,

i want to advice u , don't use partition magic , it take a long time and if it hang u will loss ur data. so i recommend to copy / backup ur data on another harddisk and repartition ur hard.

Thursday, December 7, 2006 10:47 PM