Unable to disable a mailbox in exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I am unable to delete mailbox in exchange 2007 and it throws up below error

--------------------------------------------------------
    Microsoft Exchange Error
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Action 'Disable' could not be performed on object 'user name'.

User name
    Failed
    Error:
    Active Directory operation failed on . This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
    Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150E8A, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0

The user has insufficient access rights.

I am using an account which has domain admin rights.

Checked the url http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2910.exchange-mailbox-error-active-directory-operation-failed-on-domaincontroller-this-error-is-not-retriable-additional-information-insufficient-access-rights-to-perform-the-operation.aspx

however the permissions are inheritable.

Regards

Regards, Ajit

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:20 PM

Answers

• On Wed, 22 May 2013 18:20:30 +0000, ckajit wrote:

>I am unable to delete mailbox in exchange 2007 and it throws up below error
    >
    >-------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- Action 'Disable' could not be performed on object 'user name'. User name Failed Error: Active Directory operation failed on . This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150E8A, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 The user has insufficient access rights.
    >
    >I am using an account which has domain admin rights.
    >
    >Checked the url http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2910.exchange-mailbox-error-active-directory-operation-failed-on-domaincontroller-this-error-is-not-retriable-additional-information-insufficient-access-rights-to-perform-the-operation.aspx
    >
    >however the permissions are inheritable.

I've had that happen to me a couple of times. Do you also have Lync in
    your organization (or maybe OCS)? Is the user still enabled for
    anything on those machines (e.g. remote call control)?

If so, remove them from Lync, wait for replication in the AD, and then
    try disabling the mailbox.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:15 AM

All replies

• On Wed, 22 May 2013 18:20:30 +0000, ckajit wrote:

>I am unable to delete mailbox in exchange 2007 and it throws up below error
    >
    >-------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- Action 'Disable' could not be performed on object 'user name'. User name Failed Error: Active Directory operation failed on . This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150E8A, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 The user has insufficient access rights.
    >
    >I am using an account which has domain admin rights.
    >
    >Checked the url http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/2910.exchange-mailbox-error-active-directory-operation-failed-on-domaincontroller-this-error-is-not-retriable-additional-information-insufficient-access-rights-to-perform-the-operation.aspx
    >
    >however the permissions are inheritable.

I've had that happen to me a couple of times. Do you also have Lync in
    your organization (or maybe OCS)? Is the user still enabled for
    anything on those machines (e.g. remote call control)?

If so, remove them from Lync, wait for replication in the AD, and then
    try disabling the mailbox.

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:15 AM
  • Hello,

Please make sure whether you check the inheritable permission or not again.

Please make sure you have the permission " organization management" and "recipient management".

Cara Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:34 AM