Blue Button Not Functioning RRS feed

• Question

• I too am having issues with Blue Button Files.  When uploaded to HV, nothing happens.  I know all the info talks about Medicare or VA, but the HV Help files say:

• If the doctor can save information as a CCD, CCR, or Blue Button file: An easy way to get information into your HealthVault record is to have your doctor give you copies of your medical records in the Continuity of Care Document (CCD) or Continuity of Care Record (CCR) format or the Blue Button format. You can upload these files to HealthVault in a way that lets you get the information into the relevant sections of your HealthVault record.

Mine is from my insurer (Blue Cross).  How is this supposed to work?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:03 AM

All replies

• Blue Button isn't a strict file format like CCR and CCD. HealthVault can only parse Blue Button file formats that it understands. All others get uploaded as files without being reconciled. Currently supported formats are VA, Medicare, and Medtronic. I'll get Blue Cross on our list to implement a parser for.

Jeff Jones Technical Lead HealthVault Development Team

• Proposed as answer by Josh War Friday, June 13, 2014 3:53 PM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:24 PM
  • Has this been solved yet? I just tried to upload a BCBS xml file and Healthvault didn't like it. I tried uploading to Documents - Files and it reported:

• There is a problem with the way the file is constructed. Please ask the provider to correct it and give you a new copy.
    • The following information may be useful to your provider in identifying the problem:
    • Invalid xml for thing of type '9c48a2b8-952c-4f5a-935d-f3292326bf54' (Continuity of Care Document (CCD)). 

Friday, October 16, 2015 2:59 PM