How to run Direct3d WARP10? RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought Just Cause 2. But my laptop card (GMA 4500MHD) isnt running the game although it is a DX10 integrated card. So i thought to try WARP10 to run it. But i dont know how to configure or run it, or how to make JC2 recognize it. Plz Help!!
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 6:58 PM

Answers

• You need more information regarding WARP 10.

Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP) In-Depth Guide 

To use WARP, the running program must be designed for it. No UI switches we can use to disable or enable it.

Additionally, if your video adapter does support DirectX 10, you need to ensure that the latest Windows 7 compatible driver has been installed. If no compatible driver available, please contact the manufacturer for more information.

However if the issue persists when compatible video driver is installed, we may consider that the game does not work with Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 3, 2010 3:30 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:46 AM

All replies

• BTW, I want to mention that I have Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate X86, 4GB RAM, 3GB Usable, Intel C2D T6600 2.2Ghz
    Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:05 PM
  • Windows 7, you will experience the same graphics fidelity and detail whether you have a Direct3D 9-level graphics card or even no graphics card. The magic fairy dust which makes this possible is called Direct3D 10Level9 and Direct3D WARP10 respectively.

Direct3D 10Level9 is exactly what the name describes, it allows you to run Direct3D 10 applications on Direct3D 9 hardware with the same visual output but at the cost of performance penalties compared to running on native Direct3D 10 hardware. On the other hand, if your graphics functionality or partially or wholly non-existent either by design (I’m looking at you Intel) or due to anomalies (graphics driver), that’s where WARP10 comes into play.

WARP which stands for Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform is a complete implementation of Direct3D 10 in software form – that is using only the CPU. It’s even capable of anti-aliasing up to 8xMSAA and anisotropic filtering. What’s amazing is that it is parity with the output of a native Direct3D 10 device. The MSDN article describes “the majority of the images appear almost identical between hardware and WARP10, where small differences sometimes occur we find they are within the tolerances defined by the Direct3D 10 specification. Are you running windows 7 ?

Sunday, October 31, 2010 2:34 AM
  • Yes,I run Win 7 Ultimate X86 But Gma4500Mhd isnt a good graphics card(as you said) But i want to emulate a DX10 card using WARP to play JC2. Help would be appreciated.
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:13 AM
  • Also, i  want to mention that I found the d3d10warp.dll and d3d10level9.dll in my system folder, but now what to do?
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 10:16 AM
  • You need more information regarding WARP 10.

Windows Advanced Rasterization Platform (WARP) In-Depth Guide 

To use WARP, the running program must be designed for it. No UI switches we can use to disable or enable it.

Additionally, if your video adapter does support DirectX 10, you need to ensure that the latest Windows 7 compatible driver has been installed. If no compatible driver available, please contact the manufacturer for more information.

However if the issue persists when compatible video driver is installed, we may consider that the game does not work with Windows 7.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 3, 2010 3:30 AM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 5:46 AM