Help! Anyone having a problem with continuous reprinting? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a stable Vista Ultimate (so far) install on a new computer.  I've kept it very simple, but I need to print.

I use an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 as my network printer.  It has an Epson print server.  My networked XP PCs are working reliably and have for 2 years.  My Vista PC has the current Vista driver for this printer and the current Vista version of Epson's print monitoring software.

When I send a print job (Office 2007, pdf, email, etc.), it continuously reprints my documents until I take the paper out and stop it.  I've tested the driver and printer with a direct USB cable and have no problems.  But if I use the network or a crossover cable, it just prints and prints.  It is clearly a Vista problem.

I did a complete reinstall of Vista and the Epson driver and there has been no change.

I've noticed that when I have this problem, the top and bottom margins are misaligned.  The bottom line on one page may have several lines reprinted on it, the next page may have the bottom of the first page printed on the top, etc.  When this happens I get an error status in the print que and it prints continuously.

Is anyone else having this problem?  With Epson or any other printer?

Any ideas?

Help!

Friday, April 13, 2007 2:23 AM

All replies

• try to print as administrator or set up the printer as administrator.
    Saturday, April 14, 2007 4:43 AM