Some SCSM webparts not working after refreshing DEV from PROD. RRS feed

• Question

• We just refreshed our SCSM 2012 DEV environment with a copy of out PROD SM DB.

We had an issue, and had to contact MS for support, and got that resolved.(service would not start, thier refresh procedure was missing some steps)

But the SelfService Portal, some of the webparts are giving an error on the WCF webservice.

In particular is the service catalog webpart.  It loads and then get the following error...

Any ideas?  I seem to be able to hit the service from the browser, I dont see any PROD references in the web.config or anything(not that there would be, nothing changed on the SSP server, just refreshed the SMDB)

http://server.domain.com:81/ServiceHost/Services/DataAccessService.svc

Thanks!

Joshua Fuente

Thursday, August 8, 2013 6:04 PM

Answers

• Just another thought - does the user(s) account(s) that your SSP and WCS AppPools run as have permissions in Service Manager?  Just wondered whether you are using different user accounts on DEV and PROD.

• Edited by Shaun Laughton_ Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:35 PM Amended
    • Marked as answer by NachoScript Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:37 PM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Joshua.

I've only seen this error when the when the user accessing the portal does not have access to the template upon which a request offering is based.  e.g. You have a 'Raise Service Request' offering which is based on the 'Service Request Template', the user must be granted access to this template by being a member of a User Role with access to this template.

Can you can confirm that the user has access to the templates for offerings presented in the portal?

Cheers

Shaun

Friday, August 9, 2013 8:59 AM
  • I am getting the error as "me", with full admin rights. 

We actually have not created any service offerings, or requests...  Its just the defaut that comes out of the box...

Joshua Fuente

Friday, August 9, 2013 1:06 PM
  • bump

Joshua Fuente

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:39 PM
  • Just another thought - does the user(s) account(s) that your SSP and WCS AppPools run as have permissions in Service Manager?  Just wondered whether you are using different user accounts on DEV and PROD.

• Edited by Shaun Laughton_ Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:35 PM Amended
    • Marked as answer by NachoScript Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:37 PM
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 12:34 PM
  • BINGO!!!  Thanks, one of the service accounts had not been added.

Joshua Fuente

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Do you mind sharing what the resolution was (missing steps) that Microsoft helped you with?  I'm having the same problems after attempting to refresh our dev environment with production data.  Data Access Service will not stay started.

What documentation did you follow to do the refresh?  This is what I was using:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/04/22/moving-the-service-manager-and-dw-databases.aspx?pi138095=2#pi138095=2#comments

Thursday, March 27, 2014 5:23 PM