none
Website Usage overview "other websites" RRS feed

• Question

• I have a mixture of Free and Shared websites running.  Can you please explain to me how the resource allocations are calculated in the "usage overview".  When I look at the overview I see usage for my website and "other websites".  Are these for all my other websites in both Free and Shared mode?  I am hoping that the Shared websites would be metered separately from each other (i.e RAM/CPU usage from one Shared website would not affect another Shared website).

Cheers,
    Dan

Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand correctly for the management portal for websites, the usage overview is listing the current selected website usage with all other websites usage. It uses different colors to represent the usage for the selected one and others. You can see your selected website name beside the first color under "usage overview" title. It doesn't mean all shared websites or free, reserved websites usage from overview. Also the chart above is for the selected website only. You can also view it by clicking "MONITOR" on the top panel.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:50 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.  I understand all of what you've said, but my query is more around the "Other Websites", and which resources are shared between which sort of websites.  Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I can tell:

- CPU: Shared between all Free websites.  Metered separately for Shared websites

- Storage: Shared across all Free and Shared Websites

- RAM: Shared between all Free websites.  Metered separately for Shared websites.

My point is that it's not entirely clear which resources are metered together or separately when you have a combination of Free and Shared websites.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

Now we haven't this functionality to separate them in portal. I suggest you vote it as a new feature:

http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com/forums/34192-windows-azure-feature-voting

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, June 21, 2013 2:48 AM