none
make this change to MS Project 2010 please RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to move to the next line w/o clicking ok then double clicking on the next line.  You could put in a button here or here (see circles above) to simply move the next task (advance from line 5 to line 6).  Many photo editing programs do this with metadata/keyword  information I think it is possible to do the same when fixing the id3 on .mp3 in iTunes and other programs.  It saves time from having to click [ok] having the dialog box close, opening up again, making changes, close, open, close, open, etc.   If you boys do this could you name the feature after me J . 

see pdf below

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:48 PM

Answers

• Hello AmericanKozzak,

If you are using the Task Information dialog to assign resources, have you looked at the Task form in the lower pane?  It has Previous/Next buttons that you can use to navigate through tasks without closing a dialog window.

The Task Form allows easy access to: Resources, duration, work, task type, and effort driven options.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The bad news is that it's not at all sure the Project lab developers (or even Microsoft) read this forum - people who reply are volunteers.

The good news is that as far as I understand your question, Project does exactly what you want when in File, Options, Advanced, Edit group, you check Move Selection after enter

Greetings,

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:11 PM
  • Hello AmericanKozzak,

If you are using the Task Information dialog to assign resources, have you looked at the Task form in the lower pane?  It has Previous/Next buttons that you can use to navigate through tasks without closing a dialog window.

The Task Form allows easy access to: Resources, duration, work, task type, and effort driven options.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:19 PM