none
UAC and MSI deployment? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I downloaded PowerPivot for Office 2010 and installed it manually to one computer with no problems. Now I try to deploy this MSI package to few similar workstations with GP but this fails. I can see from logs that installation has started but failed. I suspect that this has something to do with UAC on Windows7 clients.

I can start the MSI manually with command prompt from same network location that my GPO starts it but the UAC prompts me to accept changes rightaway. So is the a option to disable or say yes to user prompt automatically?? Thanks!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 5:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try to disable UAC on Windows 7:

1. Access User Control Panel from Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account

2. Click on

User Account Control settings link.

3. Move the Slider to Never Notify

4. Click OK to make the change effective

5. Reboot.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can try to disable UAC on Windows 7:

1. Access User Control Panel from Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account

2. Click on

User Account Control settings link.

3. Move the Slider to Never Notify

4. Click OK to make the change effective

5. Reboot.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 16, 2011 2:34 AM
  • This is not an acceptable solution, as it would compromise the security of the entire machine.
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:45 PM