Error Code 0x800700b7 Config Error There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to set up the local website for development and testing by using the products of Visual Studio 2017, TFS in Windows 10. Part of the exercise, I had build the solution of application successfully, also enabled the Turn Windows Features ON  in .Net Framework 3.5, however when I load my local URL in a web browser(IR & Chrome)  via IIS Manager it throws the following errors.. Much appreciate, if anyone has solution to resolve this issue

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Informations:

Module    IIS Web Core
    Notification    Unknown
    Handler    Not yet determined
    Error Code    0x800700b7
    Config Error    

There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined

Config Source:
       13:             <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
       14:                 <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
       15:                 <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:01 AM