Conflicts with alt-tab display in Aero RRS feed

• Question

• I recently ran into issues using the Alt-Tab in Windows 7 with Aero turned on. As the Aero Peek feature brought the selected window to the front, the previewed window covered up the Alt-Tab window, so you couldn't see the Alt-Tab full list of windows, which was very annoying. This turned out to be a product of using Desktop Gadgets; if you disable Desktop Gadgets the problem goes away.

Recently, I ran into this problem again after buying a Microsoft Mouse, and discovered that Intellipoint causes a similar issue. If you terminate the ipoint.exe process, again Alt-Tab behaves as it should. However, this is significantly more annoying, since Intellipoint adds a lot more functionality than Desktop Gadgets do.

When is Microsoft going to fix all of these issues with Aero Peek and Alt-Tab? It would be one thing if third-party software were causing it to behave incorrectly, but this is Microsoft's own software causing problems for Windows.

Friday, October 7, 2011 2:23 PM

Answers

• Sir, please check your windows 7 theme is selected to " Aero Themes [ Windows 7 ] " :

and if your themes is selected to Windows 7 Basic please change it to Aero Themes  windows 7

i hope it will be works for you.

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:47 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify if the issue exists after installing Windows 7 or occurs recently. If possible, please help me collect a screenshot when the issue occurs since I don't have this issue with Gadgets enabled.

How to capture a screenshot

------------------------------------------

1. When the error message occurs, press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. Save the picture onto your desktop and Upload to SkyDrive.

First, I suggest updating display adapter driver and video card driver from manufacture's site manually. Also, please update the mouse driver from hardware site. If the issue persists, please try the device clean boot.

1. Perform clean boot.

2.Go to Device Manager

3. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

4. Right Click on Audio device and choose disable.

5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.

6. After that, restart the computer and then test the issue. If it does not occur, you can enable the device one by one to narrow down this issue.

After you find the device that causing the problem, you can resolve by installing last driver or replacing the device.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:38 AM

All replies

• Sir, please check your windows 7 theme is selected to " Aero Themes [ Windows 7 ] " :

and if your themes is selected to Windows 7 Basic please change it to Aero Themes  windows 7

i hope it will be works for you.

Regards,

MCP | MCTS | MCITP
    Friday, October 7, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to verify if the issue exists after installing Windows 7 or occurs recently. If possible, please help me collect a screenshot when the issue occurs since I don't have this issue with Gadgets enabled.

How to capture a screenshot

------------------------------------------

1. When the error message occurs, press the Print Screen key (PrtScn) on your keyboard.

2. Click the "Start" menu, type "mspaint" in the Search Bar and Press Enter.

3. In the Paint program, click the "Edit" menu, click "Paste", click the "File" menu, and click "Save".

4. Save the picture onto your desktop and Upload to SkyDrive.

First, I suggest updating display adapter driver and video card driver from manufacture's site manually. Also, please update the mouse driver from hardware site. If the issue persists, please try the device clean boot.

1. Perform clean boot.

2.Go to Device Manager

3. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

4. Right Click on Audio device and choose disable.

5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.

6. After that, restart the computer and then test the issue. If it does not occur, you can enable the device one by one to narrow down this issue.

After you find the device that causing the problem, you can resolve by installing last driver or replacing the device.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:38 AM
  • Bump. Let's get a fix to this obnoxious bug in Intellipoint.
    Friday, March 2, 2012 10:32 PM
  • Are you robots or something? The automated answers you give don't help at all. It's a BUG, A BUG, and needs to be fixed....
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:39 PM