Incorrect output to the display RRS feed

• Question

• Using regedit I deleted some keys from LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Current Version->Run.
    Now there is a tiny (about 30 pixels) black lane near the right border of the display (LCD LG L1730S) when the resolution is set to 1280*1024. Moreover the left part of the desktop (about 50 pixels) couldn't be seen. Under 1024*768 the output is correct. My graphics adapter is nVidia 7600GT. Updating nVidia driver and LG display driver didn't solve the problem. Help please.
    Sunday, December 23, 2007 7:26 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Thanks for your post!

The Run key located in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion stores the names of programs that run with system starting up.

Generally, removing values in this key won’t cause the problems you described.

During my research, I downloaded the driver for 7600GT and checked the help document. There is a topic that may help in your scenario:

To fix your screen if part of it appears cut off

If your desktop or picture appears cutoff on your digital display screen:

1.    From the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation tree pane, under Display, click Change display (flat panel) scaling to open the page.

2.    Select either one of these options, depending on which one gives you the result you want:

Use NVIDIA scaling

Use my display's built-in scaling

For more information, please extract the .exe-based driver, and then open the nvdsp.chm, then navigate to the topic above.

Note: the third-party information is supplied by a company that is independent of Microsoft, and I just include it here for your reference. We make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding this information's accuracy or reliability.

As I think, the controller for nVidia video card may be removed from registry, so it won’t start with system. As the scaling tool is set to this controller by default, the display may face some problems when set to 1280*768.

Hope it helps! If I misunderstood your concern, please let me know, I’m happy to be of further assistance.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:11 AM