Problem transfering call - how to change REFER-TO header? RRS feed

All replies

• You probably have to disable the REFER option in Lync

Lync Control Panel - Voice Routing - Trunk Configuration

- Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-lync.be -
    Monday, December 5, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hi,Rune,

Would you please check your routing  configuration to verify that you have use the Lync server FQDN rather than the hostname?Also please make sure you pointed the Gateway to the Mediation server with the full name.

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Sharon.Shen Monday, December 12, 2011 8:41 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:52 AM
  • Hi, 

Thanks for your suggestion! I did try that, and unfortunately it didn't help. Also, both the SIP trunk provider and the gateway are supposed to support REFER, so this should be possible to get going without disabling that.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:47 AM
  • Thanks for your feedback. 

Unfortunately, I am not a Lync expert. I know it reasonably well from a user perspective, but could you please clarify where I can find the Lync server (where it should have the FQDN rather than hostname) in the routing table configuration? I must be missing something because I can't find that. I did export the topology to an XML file and searched through it, but I couldn't find anywhere that had just the hostname, and not the FQDN in there.

I see that the Mediation server reports just the hostname in the Contact: field above as well. Could that be an indication of where this comes from?

Could this be caused by the gateway adressing the Mediation server by IP address rather than host name in some fields of the SIP traffic prior to the refer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is currently keeping me from resolving some important tasks.

Thanks a bunch for the help!

Best regards,

Rune

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 10:54 AM
  • Sharon,

Didn't hear back from you. Could you possibly please take a look at my previous comment and see if there is anything I can do to move forward with this?

Thanks and best regards,

Rune

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:01 AM
  • Hi,Rune,

Sorry for responding you so late.

Firstly I should apologize for my incorrect description,what I mean is that the voice route(not route table) bettween Lync server and gateway,maybe there is something wrong with host file in gateway or Lync server.

Another you can check the certificate SN name and SAN name to make  sure you enter the correct FQDN.

Moreover,here are some good articles about configuring Sip Trunk and Gateway for your reference.(Maybe yours are not same as them but some steps are similar)

http://blogs.technet.com/b/drrez/archive/2011/04/21/configuring-an-intelepeer-sip-trunk-solution-in-lync-server-2010.aspx

http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/2011/08/using-lync-with-multiple-direct-sip.html

http://jasonmlee.net/archives/431

Regards,

Sharon

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Edited by Sharon.Shen Monday, December 12, 2011 8:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Friday, December 16, 2011 10:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:26 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rune Jacobsen Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:50 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:40 AM
  • Hi,Rune,

How is your issue going on?

Any updates please do let us know.

Regards,

Sharon

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:36 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your replies! I was in the process of trying this when I had to redirect my attention to another issue, then the holiday season took over.. I will try to get back to this one of the next few days and will give you some feedback once I have tried to follow your suggestions.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Rune

Monday, January 2, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Hi Sharon,

I am finally back to working on this.

Thanks for the links - however, I am covered on this part. Outgoing and incoming calls actually work fine here. The problem only appears when I try to transfer calls - that is when the problem appears with "LYNC-SE" instead of the FQDN "LYNC-SE.fabrikam.com".

I tried to take a look with certmgr.msc, but I could not find the SN and SAN names in the properties. Does this mean I have to issue a new certificate for this server to change this? Are you aware of any resources showing how to go about doing this?

Thanks again!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:52 PM
  • Hi Rune,

Check the output of "Get-CsService" do you find your mediation server entered anywhere as just "LYNC-SE" instead of "LYNC-SE.fabrikam.com" ?

(Get-CsService -MediationServer  ...is a subset)

/mk

Friday, January 20, 2012 12:54 PM
  • Hi Rune,

Check the output of "Get-CsService" do you find your mediation server entered anywhere as just "LYNC-SE" instead of "LYNC-SE.fabrikam.com" ?

(Get-CsService -MediationServer  ...is a subset)

/mk

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion! I ran the Get-CsService command in the Lync Server Management Shell right now, and searched through it. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one single place in the output where LYNC-SE was not followed by .fabrikam.com. 

This is a real mystery to me - I just can't understand why the Mediation server would not use the FQDN in these headers when trying to transfer a call..

Thank you very much for your input however. :)

Rune

Monday, January 23, 2012 11:12 AM