beta-testers do Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am a beta-testers of Windows 7, as can a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate?
    Monday, August 10, 2009 6:41 PM

Answers

Hi

If you were a Technical Beta Tester, you would have already received an email with the information about the free copy of Windows 7.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:19 AM

All replies

• Hi, I didn't understand your question. What do you mean? If you mean that you're a beta tester for Windows 7 and would like to have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate RTM, then you won't have it unless you're INVITED into the beta-test.
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 4:53 AM

Hi

If you were a Technical Beta Tester, you would have already received an email with the information about the free copy of Windows 7.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:19 AM
  • All through Beta & RC testing, we seem to have been sent mixed messages giving the impression that all Win7 testers would be rewarded.
    One was rather devious in stating that Win7 could be pre-ordered by members of Technet. This turned out to be restricted to 'testers' in only some countries. As I do not reside in one of those, I was unable to take advantage of the 'discount' offered. What was the point of raising everyone's expectations.
    Then all the hype about 'testers' being provided with a 'free' copy - only to learn, that even though we were thanked many times for testing and providing feedback - that we were not eligible by virtue of the fact that we were not subscribers to Technet Plus.
    All attempts to subscribe to Technet Plus via the MS site from my country proved futile.

It is now possible to get a Win7 upgrade coupon with a fresh copy of Vista, but this just means anyone can pre-order Win7 with temporary usage of Vista. But there is a catch to this too. It can only be purchased with a new pc or at least a motherboard. What about those of us who purchased new systems or additional hard drives, specially to test Win7 for MS. How devious can it get?

I wonder how many of the 'testers' like myself, with good intentions, will participate in MS Beta tests in future? 
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:58 PM
  • When I signed up to test Windows 7, I did not expect nor was I promised any reward other than the opportunity to get involved early with a new operating system.

I will gladly get involved in the future without any expectations of reward. 
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:50 PM