• Question

•  first off here is what the pc is..

Dell inspiron E1705

system =MP061

Bios version A08

Intel (R)  Core ( TM ) Duo Processor

clock speed 1Ghz

DDR2 sdram 1 Gig for ram (2x512) sticks

I have reset the bios to factory default. But in stead of the bios reading 1gig of ram it says 2 gig of ram (2x1024)...If I but in two gig of ram it will count 4 gig of ram. Can anyone help me it. I am wondering about the CMOS battery if it might be low voltage.

Kerry

PS: Windows does read the Ram right at 1Gig.

Saturday, July 21, 2012 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Due to Windows can read the amount of installed memory correctly, the issue may be related to the BIOS or the hardware.

You can update your BIOS and see how it works.

If issue persists, it is recommended to contact your hardware manufacturer – Dell support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, July 30, 2012 3:23 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:43 AM
  • Assuming your query to be 100% correct, I think there is a bug in the BIOS though it is really uncommon. And CMOS battery cannot be the cause. To make sure, just remove it and power the system without the battery. And make sure you wait sometime after you remove the battery and then power on the system.
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:00 PM

All replies

• Assuming your query to be 100% correct, I think there is a bug in the BIOS though it is really uncommon. And CMOS battery cannot be the cause. To make sure, just remove it and power the system without the battery. And make sure you wait sometime after you remove the battery and then power on the system.
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

Due to Windows can read the amount of installed memory correctly, the issue may be related to the BIOS or the hardware.

You can update your BIOS and see how it works.

If issue persists, it is recommended to contact your hardware manufacturer – Dell support for help.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, July 23, 2012 8:43 AM
  •  Hey thanks guys.

Kerry

Kent Theatre

Monday, July 23, 2012 5:45 PM