none
Merging Baselines SP1 and SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to merge the Win2008 SP2 and SP1 Baseline but not having much luck. 

There are only 28 entries that are different  and I was trying to find a common ground in order to implement one configuration for both revisions. 

I wanted to start with a combined listing and then parse from there-- however I do not get the merge option to allow me to ?

I thought that is a baseline was in the same Product Group  i.e. server 2008  it would allow merges.  I must be missing something.

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

FSU Fursty

Thursday, August 2, 2012 11:55 AM

All replies

• Fursty;

I think the underlying problem is that SCM treats each service pack as a different product. SCM does this becuase that's the way the System Center Configuration Manager and most SCAP-based compliance tools behave. I know that this makes using SCM for managing group policies more complex, but its a compromise that our developers had to make in order to generate reliable comliance data.

I'm not sure how well it would work, you could try exporting the SP1 baseline as a GPO, then import the GPO and associate it with Win2008 SP2, then merge that imported baseline with the other SP2 baseline.

Regards,

Kurt

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:11 PM