Virus in OST file but cannot find the emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have Security Manager AV Defender as my AV and it is finding 5 infections inside of me OST file and for the life of me I cannot find these messages.  I have tried OST PST Viewer that did nothing.  I have run searches in my Outlook client and cannot find any messages similar to what the AV is stating it found.  Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks,

Brandon

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:46 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Brandon,

Do you search via All Outlook Items? There are some folders not included in search scope. Please also check Deleted Items folder and Junk Email folder.

You can also directly search on the web mail.

What’s your account type? Exchange or IMAP?

Besides, we can recreate OST file and then run the scanner to see if there are any improvements.

You can check the location of your Outlook Data Files in Outlook:

1. Select File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
    2. Select the Data Files tab.
    3. Choose your account data file and select “Open File Locations”.

Rename the OST file and restart Outlook client.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:46 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:46 AM
  • Hi Brandon,

Can you find these emails now?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 17, 2019 5:06 AM