unique List Permissions for user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a user spuser , with Role Contribute.

I am creating unique permission for spuser , for a list "issues", where he has certain rights depending upon the runtime conditions. so for  the list "issues " I am assigning my custom Role . in that Custom Role , he is not allowed to manage Personal Views and Client Access(Excel,outlook, Access etc).

But he is getting the Access to those , because he belonged to "Contribute" Role. I can not remove him from Contributors Group, because it is required for other list.

Could you please suggest, how can I nullify his Group Rights for "issues" list only?

thanks

Azra

With Thanks and Regards, Azra

Thursday, June 28, 2012 6:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Azra,

First of all go to List - > From Ribbon Select List Permission - > Set -> Use unique permissions for the list.

Go to Site Actions - > Site Permission - > Permission Level - > Add Permission Level -> Create a new type of permission from various options.

Now after you created permission, add "spuser" to your list "issues" with that permission.

This approach may require you to create other different permission levels to provide to other users who were contributor to this list.

I am not sure if I get your problem exactly, but I Hope this helps......

Success is a slow rider, it requires a lot of time, I need pace in life, so left success and moved ahead.

• Proposed as answer by KjellSJ Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:30 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

In SharePoint permission are cumulative in nature. It means user's effective permissions are union of all permissions. To remove the permission from particular list break the permission inheritance in Issue list and assign that users with

Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Azra,

First of all go to List - > From Ribbon Select List Permission - > Set -> Use unique permissions for the list.

Go to Site Actions - > Site Permission - > Permission Level - > Add Permission Level -> Create a new type of permission from various options.

Now after you created permission, add "spuser" to your list "issues" with that permission.

This approach may require you to create other different permission levels to provide to other users who were contributor to this list.

I am not sure if I get your problem exactly, but I Hope this helps......

Success is a slow rider, it requires a lot of time, I need pace in life, so left success and moved ahead.

Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Hi,

In SharePoint permission are cumulative in nature. It means user's effective permissions are union of all permissions. To remove the permission from particular list break the permission inheritance in Issue list and assign that users with

Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:15 AM