windows 7 turns to classic theme & cant change it RRS feed

• Question

• i cant change my win7 theme back to aero theme when i installed vista inspirat 2 bricopack
    • Moved by Ken Warren Saturday, July 3, 2010 8:24 PM off topic for Windows Home Server forums (From:Windows Home Server & Windows Home Server "Vail" Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The software vista inspirat 2 bricopack might be incompatible with Windows 7. You can check it here. If you would like to change win7 theme to aero, it is suggested to uninstall the software.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Monday, July 12, 2010 9:54 AM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 8:24 AM

All replies

•  On 7/3/2010 4:36 AM, 10zing wrote:

i cant change my win7 theme back to aero theme when i installed vista inspirat 2 bricopack

Hello 10zing,

Unfortunately this is the forum for Windows Home Server's developers.  You're probably going to have better luck if you ask about this in the Windows 7 forums (especially the ones on desktop and experience).  That being said, try opening up your System Properties (Start Orb and right-click on Computer, then select Properties).  Click the link that says "Windows Experience Rating" (or if it says it hasn't been determined, click the link to run the tests).  Re-run the assessment.  After it's completed, it should allow you to switch to the Aero look again.

If that doesn't take care of the problem, then I would post in the Windows 7 forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 (You'll have to determine which one is most appropriate from that list)

Hope this helps, and have a great day:)
    Patrick.

Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Have you updated today?
    http://update.microsoft.com

Smile.. Someone out there cares deeply for you.
    Saturday, July 3, 2010 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

The software vista inspirat 2 bricopack might be incompatible with Windows 7. You can check it here. If you would like to change win7 theme to aero, it is suggested to uninstall the software.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Monday, July 12, 2010 9:54 AM
    Wednesday, July 7, 2010 8:24 AM