Office 365 cannot login RRS feed

• Question

• Previously, my Win10 machine is installed v1709 (x64)and office365 E3 v1803 client (x64). All the office applications are running as normal.

However, when the Win10 upgrade to v1803, the O365 (word/excel/outlook/powerpoint) are signed out and not able to sign-in.

The symptom: when try to click the "sign-in" at the top right hand corner of office application and enter the email address and password. Once check "Next", it loading for a sec then disappear (No login at all).
    Try to manual login in windows setting -> "Access work or school", but when I enter the email address and click "next", it prompt out the "something were wrong" error and not yet enter the password.

I'm already tried to re-install the O365 and even upgrade O365 to v1812, but still fail. Please kindly assist. Thanks
    Friday, January 18, 2019 10:14 AM

Answers

• The login box just disappear after enter the login name and click "next".

Anyway, I recreate profile and solve it. Thanks for help

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Pinekin,

Please open Word 2016, go to File > Account, under User Information, click Sign Out to sign out all accounts. Then restart Word app, under User Information, click Sign In to sign in with your Word or school account, also try to sigh in with a Microsoft account. (hotmail.com, Outlook.com etc.) Check if all accounts are failed to sign in.

Additionally, please check the following registry settings:

1. Find the following registry path and delete the accounts of the Office profile:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Identity\Identities
    2. Check if there is a SignInOptions settings under the following registry path:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\SignIn
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\SignIn
    3. Check if a key named UseOnlineContent configured in the following registry path:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Internet
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\Internet

Also try to repair Office in Control Panel > Programs and Features, select Office 365, click Change > Online Repair.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, January 21, 2019 9:20 AM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply. However, it doesn't work.

Any other suggestion?

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 4:39 AM
  • Thanks for your prompt reply. However, it doesn't work.

Any other suggestion?

Hi Pinekin,

Do you mean there is no SignInOptions settings in Registry Editor?

I suggest you can use the easy-fix tool provided in the article below to completely remove Office 365:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8

Then reinstall Office 365 ProPlus back from portal.office.com to check if the issue can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact: tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:46 AM
  • I even cannot find the "SignInOptions" in registry. Also tried to remove the office by the tools your mention above and still fail.....
    Monday, January 28, 2019 6:08 AM
  • I even cannot find the "SignInOptions" in registry. Also tried to remove the office by the tools your mention above and still fail.....
    Would you mind to share the complete error description? 

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:08 AM

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:44 AM

Glad that the issue has been fixed. Thanks for your solution sharing.

If there is no issue, please kindly mark your solution as answer to close the thread. Thanks for your understanding :)

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:34 AM