Edge does not stay open RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get edge to stay open so I can type in web address
    • Edited by Bruce Wooding Saturday, August 15, 2015 10:24 PM clarify problem
    Friday, August 7, 2015 7:48 PM

Answers

• If it is possible you may like to change the title of your post to something more relevant so people with knowledge that may being able to help will see it. Some title like 'Edge does not stay open'.

Can you try from a PowerShell command line;

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

and see if that helps.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Saturday, August 8, 2015 10:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Saturday, August 15, 2015 10:22 PM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 9:29 PM
  • Hi irislady54,

in addition to what Mr Happy suggested, please also fin the built-in app troubleshooter and run it to check this out:

1. type troubleshooting in the search box, or navigate to the following path under control panel:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 10:36 AM

All replies

• If it is possible you may like to change the title of your post to something more relevant so people with knowledge that may being able to help will see it. Some title like 'Edge does not stay open'.

Can you try from a PowerShell command line;

Get-AppXPackage -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

and see if that helps.

• Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Saturday, August 8, 2015 10:30 AM
    Friday, August 7, 2015 9:29 PM
  • Hi irislady54,

in addition to what Mr Happy suggested, please also fin the built-in app troubleshooter and run it to check this out:

1. type troubleshooting in the search box, or navigate to the following path under control panel:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 10:36 AM
  • I imagine irislady54 has the same or very similar issue .as my own so I'm adding some details (from my perspective)

After upgrading to Win10 I never was able to use Edge. If I try, a window opens with title "Microsoft Edge" on left top, window controls on right top (notably all greyed) and stylize "e" on blue background in the pane. This window stays on screen for about 8 seconds and silently disappears. That is, it closes without posting any dialog or any other feedback.

Thankfully I had Chrome (default), Firefox, and Opera installed and those all still work fine otherwise Windows 10 would have been useless for me.

Troubleshooter tells me that everything is fine and I've been through however many "Windows Updates" that would have occurred since the upgrade (which was done on day one of availability).

To me this is not (at the moment) a big deal but I would LIKE to see the new Edge browser and may someday NEED to see it as I do develop and support a small set of web pages.

Thanks and regards!

Monday, September 21, 2015 7:19 AM