Converting an Exchange 2007 direct-booking resource to autoaccept - existing meetings on the calendar RRS feed

• Question

• When converting an Exchange 2007 direct-booking resource to a resource managed automatically by the calendar agent, will the calendar agent recoginze existing directly booked meetings on the converted calendar?

I am concerned that existing future meetings will not be recognized, and the agent will allow a double-booking situation.

Thanks for any guidance!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 9:54 PM

Answers

• When they're in the calendar, they're in the calendar.  Direct booking won't take anything out of the calendar, I don't believe.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by JDAChris Friday, April 8, 2011 4:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:18 PM

All replies

• When they're in the calendar, they're in the calendar.  Direct booking won't take anything out of the calendar, I don't believe.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Marked as answer by JDAChris Friday, April 8, 2011 4:23 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 11:18 PM
  • Hello,

The free/busy information are stored on the resource mailbox so that the auto-accept agent will find any conflictions and send a decline email to the user who has duoble book the room.

Thanks,

Simon

Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:23 PM