When i turn on my computer, all i see is a white screen. RRS feed

• Question

• well, after hours of searches I couldn't find any problem similar to mine. I am not really smart when it comes to computer software and all that but I will try my best to describe my computer and its problem. Ok, I have a Compaq windows 7 home premium OA. if you need more info on the computer just tell me and I will try my best to find it. so every time I turn on my laptop the screen is just white and I can hear the computer working normally (the fan is on, there's the boot up sound etc.) so  I was just wondering if any of you guys had any suggestion on what the problem is.
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:57 AM

Answers

• Contact Compaq Support and request their expert troubleshooting assistance.  (Most likely the internal graphics adapter has failed and will require servicing by Compaq).

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Friday, September 26, 2014 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, September 28, 2014 11:20 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:34 AM
  • Little bit of google can give you an idea : https://www.google.com/#q=white+screen+login+windows+7

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, September 28, 2014 11:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:06 AM
  • if this PC has external graphic card, try to re-seat it and remove other 3rd party hardware like printer, usb, network cable and try restart, if not working you can remove it and use internal graphic card (maybe lower resolution)

if this is internal graphic card (no external graphic card), try to contact HP or Compaq, this is Hardware issue, hope this PC still under warranty

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:09 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:08 AM

All replies

• Little bit of google can give you an idea : https://www.google.com/#q=white+screen+login+windows+7

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, September 28, 2014 11:21 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:06 AM
  • to be a little more specific, when I turn on my computer, I can't see anything so I am not able to login in safe mode or login at all so I think it's probably not the Trojan virus

• Edited by tootruu Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:31 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Contact Compaq Support and request their expert troubleshooting assistance.  (Most likely the internal graphics adapter has failed and will require servicing by Compaq).

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Friday, September 26, 2014 5:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:34 AM
  • if this PC has external graphic card, try to re-seat it and remove other 3rd party hardware like printer, usb, network cable and try restart, if not working you can remove it and use internal graphic card (maybe lower resolution)

if this is internal graphic card (no external graphic card), try to contact HP or Compaq, this is Hardware issue, hope this PC still under warranty

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:09 AM
    Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:08 AM
  • my computer doesn't have an external graphic card so i presume its a problem with the internal graphic card maybe, thanks for the reply, i'll try to contact hp compaq to figure out what is wrong with my computer.

Friday, September 26, 2014 3:40 AM