RSG: Restore sub folders too RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Could some one suggest the modification to this cmdlet to include all sub folders too in the restore using RSG.

The cmdlet i USED were Restore-Mailbox -RSGMailBox '846ca070-d4ce-4f10-b792-c4a0e7287787' -RSGDatabase 'Recovery Storage Group\Mailbox Database' -Identity '258e25a6-56aa-44d9-887e-ad84d6ec37ba' -TargetFolder 'RestoredMail '

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:01 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Do you mean the restore-mailbox cannot restore the subfolders of the Inbox in the RSGMailBox? This is by design. The subfolders will not be restored, but all the messages in these subfolders will be restored into the inbox folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks Gen Lin-MSFT

• Marked as answer by Gen Lin Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:23 AM

All replies

• I think this should be helpful ....Includefolders ?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125218(EXCHG.140).aspx

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 6:58 AM
  • Suppose, I am having subfolder1,subfolder2,subfolder3 in inbox, how you can write a cmdlet for it?
    Regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:48 AM
  • Hi,

Do you mean the restore-mailbox cannot restore the subfolders of the Inbox in the RSGMailBox? This is by design. The subfolders will not be restored, but all the messages in these subfolders will be restored into the inbox folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Thanks Gen Lin-MSFT

• Marked as answer by Gen Lin Wednesday, May 25, 2011 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:23 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:35 AM