none
error code OX800700lf RRS feed

• Question

• received e mail from Micro. could not update windows10 and therefore could not guarantee security- sent me error code OX800700lf and told to contact you. I have tried and having no luck-please help
    Monday, October 2, 2017 7:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue with Windows Update feature in your Windows 10 device?

If yes, are there any error codes recorded in the Event Viewer(Windows Logs\Applications, System)?
    Did the issue occur on your download process or install process?
    I would be appreciate if you could provide more information to specify the issue, but at first we could try the following general steps to fix the normal update issue.
    1. Run built-in windows troubleshooting tool:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\ System and Security\Fix problems with Windows Update\Advanced\Run as administrator:
    2. Run System Update Readiness Tool  to fix the issue automatically.
    3.Run the command “sfc /scannow” with administrator right to check the health of system files.
    4. Perform a Clean Boot  and manually update again.
    5. Disable firewall and antivirus temporarily.
    6.Download and reinstall this update package from Windows update catalog.

To troubleshoot the issue deeply, please check the Windowsupdate.log(C:\Windows) and CBS.log (C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log) for detailed information. Please upload the log to OneDrive and paste the link here. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 7:03 AM