Vista SP1 breaks Logitech mouse via Linksys KVM switch RRS feed

• Question

• I have Vista Home Basic on a Lenovo Thinkcenter. I use a Logitech Cordless Optical Mouse connected through a Linksys Proconnect KVM Switch (Switch is either a PS2KVM2 orr PS2KVMSK, but doesn't seem to have this info on the case). I installed SP1 yesterday and the system rebooted and the mouse was frozen in the middle of the screen. On the advice of Linksys support, I disconnected all cables to the KVM switch and the mouse started working again. But only to the next reboot, at which time it was frozen again. The mouse has worked on this system in this configuration for 9 months up to SP1, with the only other glitch after the Feb 14 updates.

I took a system restore point right before installing SP1, but Vista System restore refuses to go back to it. It just spends about 20 minutes claiming to be doing it, then after the reboot it says there was a problem and nothing was done. It suggests going back to an earlier restore point, but that's now the earliest one I have.

Anyone know how to fix this? With the frequency of rebooting required to maintain a Windows system, it's going to be a real chore crawling under the desk to unplug and then replug nine cables every time some update wants to reboot the system. I hoep Microsoft fixes this problem soon.
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 10:29 AM