none
Exchange 2010 Mailbox Recovery not possible RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to recover a mailbox from DPM 2010. Restoring the entire Exchange database works fine, but i'm unable to select a mailbox in DPM. If I double-click the mailbox database in the browse tab, nothing happens. If I search for a mailbox I get no result.

What am I doing wrong? In the event log I can find no errors or warnings.

My setup:

- DPM server is in domain1, Exchange in domain2, no trust. I configured the agent with setdpmserver.exe. Backup and restore of entire database works fine.

Thank you for your help!

Saturday, May 14, 2011 2:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Mweiderkehr,

You can't restore an individual mailbox with DPM 2010, You can restore mailbox DB to a recovery DB & then extract individual mailbox from that recovery DB.

Hi Hazem,

Can you please check for any even logs.

Friday, May 27, 2011 1:32 PM
  • Hi Mweiderkehr ,Mahesh Kr Sharma

My problem is solved as I used to check the overwrite flag at the original database and not the recovery database ,as I check it at the recovery database problem is solved with no errors.

Thanks 

Hazem Tawfik
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi I cannot also recover a mailbox from DPM 2010 and I can also Restore the entire Exchange Database but i have an error

that "Recover failed for exchange mailbox database because the overwrite flag is not set for recovery (ID 30174)"

,although i checked the overwrite on the mailbox database.

Thanks

Monday, May 16, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hi Mweiderkehr,

You can't restore an individual mailbox with DPM 2010, You can restore mailbox DB to a recovery DB & then extract individual mailbox from that recovery DB.

Hi Hazem,

Can you please check for any even logs.

Friday, May 27, 2011 1:32 PM
  • Hi Mweiderkehr ,Mahesh Kr Sharma

My problem is solved as I used to check the overwrite flag at the original database and not the recovery database ,as I check it at the recovery database problem is solved with no errors.

Thanks 

Hazem Tawfik
    Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:29 PM
  • Hello,

The main concern in using a third party backup solution is that the backup and restore of the exchange database or mailboxes are in an unsupported manner.  If upon a restore there is an issue, the Exchange support team may be limited as to what they can do to help. 

Thanks,
    Shane

Monday, February 13, 2012 8:18 PM
  • Hi Hazem,

I'm having the same issue of not able to select individual mailbox from the Recovery tab in DPM.  I can only see the mailbox database.  Can you please provide me some details on how did you configure DPM or Exchange to get the individual mailbox showing in DPM?

Thanks

Winnie

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Can you please let me know where we can check overwrite flag on database with a screenshot. Even i didn't found and option in DPM where we can restore the mailbox to original DB instead RDB
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:35 PM