SCE stopped monitoring, SQL errors? login issue? Nothing changed! RRS feed

• Question

• All of a sudden my SCE 2010 has completely stopped interacting with the data warehouse, it looks like it can't login anymore (not sure why this would happen, absolutely nothing has changed). It just stopped and now nothing is being collected for monitoring. At first it said it could not login with the NT Authority/System account so I put in the service account that basically has god rights in the Run As... for the data warehouse, still nothing. I understand SCE (somewhat--still learning) but SQL server is a mystery. Any ideas on why this would suddenly stop? The SQL server services are all still running, but I cannot connect to the local database in the Studio tools either. This is a pretty vanilla setup, nothing weird and I use all the defaults. Bascially I get tons of "SQLException: login failed for user 'serviceagent' (thats my service account).

This is a clean install of Win2008R2 Enterprise server, fully patched and only SCE 2010 and SQL 2008R2 Express runs on this box. It's been fine and then just stopped today. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Curt Kessler Franklin Loan Center
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

The following thread discussed a similar issue, please check if any information as below will help:

Login Failed Messages & Data Warehouse Errors:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/systemcenteressentials/thread/5b7fd804-bf04-4f8f-a964-6d171478e58b

In addition, you can contact SQL server forum to check from SQL side:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/sqlserver/

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by CurtK-CA Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:03 PM
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:12 AM
  • I will try that and see--the instructions are for SCE2007 and am using SCE2010, so things don't quite match up in the instructions, but will see if I can get it by trying the concept.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Using the "space as username and password" seems to resolve the issue. Basically I created another account with simple authentication and the server is using that. It's not quite perfect, lot of weirdness in the database still, but the avalanche of errors in the event log have stopped and the monitor process seems to be working again. Thanks!!
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 11:05 PM