IE 10 connects LAN but not WAN RRS feed

• Question

• IE 10, on Win 7 32 bit, will connect to any LAN device, but will not connect to any WAN device/pages.  I receive the "This page cannot be displayed" error.  Both Firefox and Chrome can connect to WAN pages.  Any changes to to connection settings are not stored after restart.  Only the option to automatically detect settings is selected.  Here are the steps I have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

1. Reboot

2. Alter LAN connection settings.  Which were not saved upon reopening the application.

3.  Run Microsoft Fix It application.

4.  Uninstall

a.  The application was not available for uninstall in the Updates listing.

b.  The Fix It program did nothing.

c.  I ran the command line uninstall provided on this site.

5.  Installation. 

a.  I attempted to install IE 9 in the hope that an earlier version would not have the issue.  It would not install. 

b.  IE 10 installed properly.

6.  The reinstalled application suffers from the same issue.

Of course, others are using the application without issue.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:25 PM

Answers

• I ran the command uninstall for IE10, and successfully reinstall IE9.  Thank you for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please boot to safe mode and see if it works.

Meanwhile, you can check the issue referring to the methods in the following KB article:

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

If you configured proxy, please also check it:

Internet Explorer "Page Cannot be Displayed" error due to Bad Proxy Server Timeout
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2551554

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 24, 2013 9:44 AM
  • I ran the command uninstall for IE10, and successfully reinstall IE9.  Thank you for your help.
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:07 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:52 PM