Re-image your computer utility from Windows 7 Pro 64Bit takes Days to to complete restore of my data RRS feed

• Question

• We are in day 2.7 now of this machine, HP TouchSmart tx2 1377nr to reach 20% completion.  Given that the data sets are important enough, I am going to have to wait additional days it seems to see if it even worked.  I have done a network system image restore on this machine before and it took less than 40 minutes, as systems that speak to eachother in 1Gbps vernacular make short shrift of such things.  Well, no longer does this seem to apply.  Why is this taking the proverbial "month-of-sundays"? A rapid and hopefully un-catastrophic workaround would be nice, keep in mind that as of this moment, any request to stop the process it is in right now will result in system lobotomization except for the diagnostic and rescue partition.  I  have a week old system image I need restored asap.
    Monday, October 18, 2010 3:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

Before going further, I would appreciate if you can clarify the following questions:

1.     Will this happen to other PC within the network?

2.     Have you installed the latest network card driver from HP’s website?

At this point, I would suggest either end the process, try again or try to configure speed settings on the network environment.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Friday, October 29, 2010 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Before going further, I would appreciate if you can clarify the following questions:

1.     Will this happen to other PC within the network?

2.     Have you installed the latest network card driver from HP’s website?

At this point, I would suggest either end the process, try again or try to configure speed settings on the network environment.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Friday, October 29, 2010 2:28 AM
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.

BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards

Magon Liu

Monday, October 25, 2010 6:51 AM
  • Sorry Magon, busy busy busy here, been gone a bit.  Anyway, i resolved that issue and have now learned from HP and N-Trig both that all of my problems concerning my HP tx2 1377nr are Windows 7 related.  All of the updating that has been going on lately for that OS has screwed the code up somehow.  This is utterly unfortunate since I depend on that device for intensely important work that I am utterly incapable of doing at this time.  Currently, when i attempt to do the 64 bit rollback utility sent to me by N-Trig, the computer refuses to do so and tells me that the OS has switched Windows 7 into Vista/XP mode. 

The fact that the OS can, at will, jeopardize the intellectual property of a sensitive project has officially gotten some attention turned towards it, HP and N-Trig are currently extremely worried about the fall out from this.  I am going to go ahead and enjoy my weekend, then Monday morning, some very direct, very discreet inquiries will be made as to when Microsoft is going to pull their head from their fourth point of contact and release the update that fixes all of this.  The update, I am assured, is in the works.  And weeks away.

"I have no desire to take over the world............only amateurs do that. I will, however, be taking over a corner of the solar system....................."
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 4:44 AM