80072f8f is making me crazy! No solutions have worked, no Fixits, help! RRS feed

• Question

• 80072f8f

About once a year for some unknown reason, my Windows XP computer loses all system audio.  In the past, running the MicrosoftFixit.AudioPlayback.RNP.Run.exe would solve the problem painlessly.  Unfortunately, it will not load.  I spent over 6 hours attempting to solve this today, tried everything in the first few search results, multiple times, including, but not limited to:  synchronizing time, multiple fixits, system restore, sfc/scannow, but nothing works!!!  I can update windows with automatic updates elsewhere, but no fixit works, error 80072f8f and the fixit center is unable to download troubleshooters.   Please help!  I recently broke my distal fibula and am in a cast, so sound is critical to my sanity!  Thanks!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:14 AM

Answers

• Check these: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistasp/thread/684ec4f0-2120-4faa-a940-01d83ce1574d

Also, update your audio drivers.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 3, 2013 12:06 PM