SharePoint Configuration Wizard Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting error at 8 of 9 steps (updating SharePoint ) Whe running SharePoint Configuration Wizard.

"Resource retrieved id PostSetupConfigurationFailedEventLog is Configuration of SharePoint Products and Technologies failed.  Configuration must be performed in order for this product to operate properly.  To diagnose the problem, review the extended error information located at {0}, fix the problem, and run this configuration wizard again."

"error information located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS\PSCDiagnostics_1_3_2011_11_32_1_529_488633580.log, fix the problem, and run this configuration wizard again."

I ran this wizard in all my 3 servers getting same error in all.

How to resolve this?

ItsMeSri MOSS, 3 WEFs
    Monday, January 3, 2011 7:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• Do you have any additional clues in the windows event logs? Since this is happening in all thre servers, I would presume you may find the same error pattern in the event log of all three servers. Usually the Configuration Wizard Logs are not very helpful and have the same information that you see on the main Configuration Wizard GUI.

Also, these three servers are part of the same farm that you are building?  

Thanks Soumya
    Monday, January 3, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Hi,

Check this if it can help you

http://kiran-kakanur.blogspot.com/2009/03/sharepoint-site-inaccessible-after.html

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, January 10, 2011 7:45 AM
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:47 AM