none
Task duration and 99% RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Project Server 2013

    If I set a task duration to for example, 75 days, 23,88 days and the user assigned to the task sets the % Work Complete to 100%, and if the PM approves that, in the Project plan this tasks show as 99% complete.

    Also installed Service Pack 1 with no luck.

    Any clues?

    Friday, March 7, 2014 5:25 PM

All replies

  • There are two things that must be done to show 100% complete

    1) Zero out remaining work

    2) Zero out remaining Duration

    Cheers!


    Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

    Monday, March 10, 2014 11:37 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Andres,

    If you have more than one resource allocated to this task you should do the same with the other resources. Only when all remaining work of all assigned resources is zero you will reach 100% in the task level.


    Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

    Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:17 PM
  • What is the "Task Type" - if you have Fixed Duration tasks you can have completed all the work but not all of the duration.

    Dominic Moss MAPM, MCTS, MCITP, MCT
    Wellingtone PM News
    Wellingtone EPM Site
    Wellingtone PM Recruitment

    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:30 PM
  • Hi Andres,

    I jump in this thread because the "99%" reminds me of another recent thread.

    Here is a use case you might check:

    • Create a task (the task type doesn't matter) with a non-zero duration
    • Assign a resource in order to create work
    • Mark the task a complete so work = actual work and remaning work = 0
    • Insert actual finish column and delete the date (NA should be the value then)

    You'll notice that Project will put 1% f the work as remaining work, thus 99% as actual work.

    You could check in your process if this use case could occur and cause your 99% of actual work.

    Hope this helps.


    Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

    Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:57 PM
    Moderator