Edge browser RRS feed

• Question

• By default, Edge seems not to be present on Windows Server 2016. Its engine, edgehtml.dll is present in System32. Is there a way to enable the full Edge GUI or at least use a third party app to browse the web using edgehtml.dll ?
    Monday, October 10, 2016 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In recent Windows Server 2016 Technical Previews, you may have noticed that the Windows Server with Desktop Experience installation option included a few additional Windows Client only features such as Microsoft Edge, Windows Store Client, and the Modern Calculator.

These features were temporarily included to gather additional feedback on their potential uses on Windows Server before shipping our RTM release. 

In the Windows Server 2016 RTM, Microsoft Edge is replaced with Internet Explorer 11.

Quote from blog - Appreciating the Windows Server 2016 Desktop Experience:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nanoserver/2016/10/04/appreciating-the-windows-server-2016-desktop-experience/

I have not found any official document which has described/mentioned the method to enable Edge on released WS 2016 current now.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 17, 2016 10:10 AM
  • Of course, I expect for any official information on the issue.
    Monday, October 31, 2016 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

I will post your feedback about enable Edge Browser on WS 2016 to related produce department, thank you for your suggestion. 

Or, you can post your feedback via below website:
    https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/295047-general-feedback

Please assure that Microsoft is always do the best to provide good products to customers and is always trying to improve these products.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 8:41 AM