none
sync-rule-required-attr-not-found after runing a bad sync rule, unable to remove. RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all.
    A little history, a few weeks ago I created a new sync rule on the FIM portal(we'll call it SR-WD) that imported some data from a file, this data was set at a lower precedence than the other MAs (mainly the old file import, we'll call SR-PSE). Last week I change the precedence on SR-WD to be higher than SR-PSE, everything was fine until the new sync rules where taken into the MV. Now I'm getting errors of "sync-rule-required-attr-not-found" with little to no imformation (no stack trace).

    I'm only getting 5000 errors, due to the default error limit (I've increased this as a test).

    As I'm working blind I double checked a few things and noticed one of my SR attribute flows was wrong on the new SR-WD (custom expression), or at least it looked wrong to me. So I removed the attribute flow to no avail. I have now removed the new SR completly.

    After this I've done the normal, full import and full sync to no avail. I can see that related (good) attributes are still present on person objects but without a MA contributer.

    I have generated a full sync XML file which shows the error but not which attribute it's looking for and not finding.

    Any ideas on where I start looking now?



    This is the error I get when trying to disconnect the MA (SR-PSE) from my person object.


    I've checked the sync rule in the MV and found the SR-PSE sync rule and it still has an attribute flow that's no longer in the FIM portal (I removed it). Why wouldn't the sync rules sync?
    • Edited by jontelling Wednesday, September 2, 2015 9:30 AM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:26 AM

Answers

  • Further information, I created a test user in the portal and completed a delta import and then tried to complete a full sync on just that object (via the preview options) and I was given the same error. This account has no expected sync rules attached. Hum...

    Edit: Looks like this covered in this KB:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3054196

    FimSync Issue 2

    Edit 2: In the end I restored the DB from the day before the attribute order change, everything is now working well.

    • Edited by jontelling Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:00 PM
    • Marked as answer by jontelling Thursday, September 3, 2015 4:00 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 1:47 PM