configure send connector for exchange online protection RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum members,

I am trying to configure send and receive connectors for Exchange 2010 to route

on-premises mailboxes to Exchange OnLine Protection.  The "help" info MS provides

is for Ex 2013 - and the EAC GUI and config does not lend a close fit to using the 2010

Exch Management Console.  How can I configure connectors to properly connect to the Exchange Online Protection?

I have seen where the ip addresses are posted, etc.  I am unclear how to configure the properties on the SBS 2011/EX 2010 server.

Any tips will help,

Thanks,

Eric H.

Network and Server Installs

Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:17 AM

All replies

• Did you ever figure this out?  I am planning on doing this too and would not want to reinvent the wheel.
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:22 AM
  • Hello  Student,

Yes I did.  It is tricky.  I can tell you how to do it, but I would need to know

what version of exchange you are running, is it  an "on premises" server, etc.

Do you have mx record(s) for current email setup, etc.  Have you purchased the license

for Exchange Online Protection?  Let me know,

Good Luck -

eholz1

Monday, December 16, 2013 4:13 PM
  • I have the same question

using SBS 2011 with on-premise server and exchange 2010, I want to use the EOP but the instructions are not clear, I am trying to use a trial but trying to figure out how to install it is where I am having issues. I tried to use AD sync but apparently SBS 2011 standard does not allow you to install the AD sync tools.

Monday, January 5, 2015 3:55 AM
  • Hello Wesleyhe,

You cannot use AD anything with EOP - if you mean exchange on-line protection.

you have to set a smart host on the SBS server to connect to EOP, you may need to add the EOP server ips to your network config

on the SBS server.  the smart host line (for the send connector on SBS server) is something like: yourdomainname-com.mail.protection.outlook.com.

Then you need to configure the outside ip for your SBS server access in the EOP admin area.

Hope this helps.

eholz

Monday, January 5, 2015 5:37 PM